Smart Lead-Acid Battery Charger¶
I did not make it yet
This project is under planning and I will acquire enough knowledge to build this.
- Understand procedures to follow when charging lead-acid batteries.
- Acquire knowledge to build SMPS.
- Arduino analyzing the battery while charging and acting accordingly.
- Need to watch over battery voltage level.
- Device turned on.
- Ensure charging is off and check battery open voltage.
- Ensure battery is connected, otherwise show "Battery not connected"
- If battery voltage level is below 14, then
- Turn on charge for X minutes
- Go level up one, on completing charge time.
- If battery voltage level is 14 or above, then
- Show "Battery charged"
12V to 14.2V Converter Based on UC3843¶
Maximum output current = 4
Maximum switching current = 7.1 A
Inductance = 9.8 uH
Resistor Divider For Feedback¶
- R1 = 24k
- R2 = 4.7k
- Trim pot = 1k
- Level shifter P-Channel MOSFET - How to drive p-channel MOSFET thead on Stack Overflow
- P-Channel MOSFET Tutorial with only Positive Voltages from Bald Engineer